Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Logan got baptized on my birthday!













Ok, so I realize I am way behind on blogging. Life is just crazy. Logan got baptized on my birthday on October 18th. It was wonderful because Logan and my niece Shalyn got to be baptized together. For those that don't know Logan and Shalyn grew up together from the time she moved out here when she was like 18 months old. I used to take care of her while her daddy was at work when I stayed home. I did that until after she finished kindergarten and "Shayin" and "Ogie" as they called each other did everything together for the first part of their life. So, this was no different and very special.

What made it even more special is that my Dad was able to come out for a visit from Missourri and baptize them. It was truly a blessed experience. My step mom, Doris, even got to come out this time. It was great. Logan was so excited to get baptized by Grandpa Charon.

Melissa was awesome and planned the whole thing and hosted a huge luncheon at her house afterwards. It was amazing. Melissa is amazing, as always, and can do anything. I can't tell her how much I appreciate everything she does for me. She saves my sanity literally almost every day in one way or another. This was no different. I was a little depressed at the luncheon with it being my birthday and well the realization that I didn't have a "normal" family unit for my kids was really bothering me that day. Davyd did come to the baptism for Logan and bought his scriptures so that was good. That coupled with me turning 32 and realizing that my life is not what I would have ever imaged at 32 and knowing that my Dad was leaving left me a little melancholy. So I apologize for being a brat Melissa. None of it was intended at you. Love ya!

Logan kept telling me that he made a special covenant with Heavenly Father. He says he always wants to choose the right and listen to the Holy Ghost. I am so proud of him.

1 comment:

Lianna Black said...

Wow Mel, what a wonderful day. Its so nice to see your Dad look so happy after all these years..its probably been 30+ years since I have seen him. Even better that he is a worthy Grandpa and wanted to baptize his little grandchildren, that is so sweet and really touches me. I hope you had a good visit with him. He probably doesn't remember me that much but I remember that he was a nice guy and I am happy that he is doing so well. Glad your baby got baptized, both of them are so sweet and I wish I could have been there! Love you so much!! Take care!