Monday, July 21, 2008

I cut my hair and my A/C is working


Well, I had been contemplating cutting layers into my hair for awhile, but I finally did it on a whim. I had a couple hours after work, before my date on Wednesday, and decided to go get it cut. I have basically had the same hair style since high school. It was time for a change even though it was not a huge one. Well, I love the way it turned out. It is amazing how a small thing like changing your hair style can make you feel so much better. My mood this week really turned around. The kids and I prayed and prayed about our air conditioning. My brother, Ricky, called one of his air conditioning buddies for me. His buddy asked what kind of filter I had in the unit. I have a thicker electrostatic filter that you wash out once a month. His friend said that those will cause your unit to burn out when they are working so hard here in the summers. His friend advised that I pull the filter out and turn the unit off for awhile. He said that it may have just frozen up because of the filter. I was so relieved to find that when I turned the unit back on after a couple hours with no filter it worked. It definitely needs to be recharged but it is working fairly well. Heavenly Father always blesses me as a single parent. I have seen him work in so many miraculous ways in the last year and aa half to bless the lives of me and my children.

3 comments:

The Jones Family said...

You look gorgeous! Love the hairstyle. I'm so glad your a/c is working again. I was worried for you. The Lord will always help us. He has helped me in similar ways SO MANY TIMES!

Melissa said...

It does look better! that is why have been layering my hair for the last few years.

Lianna Black said...

Mel you look fabulous! I love the hairstyle and I am going to get layers too cuz mine feels like a huge bushy spider sitting on my head...LOL too hot for summer! I am so glad that you have such wonderful faith dear sweet cousin, I am so inspired by you. I am so thankful your AC is fixed!! The Lord is truly merciful. Please say hi to Ricky for me and give him a big hug, I think if I could do that myself, I would cry my eyes right out. I love him so much and its been soooooo long since I have seen him or any of you. Please tell him that I am thinking of him and love him very very much. I love all of you too and hope so much to see you soon! hugs and loves for you and your little family Melmac, I love you!