Sunday, July 27, 2008

Saturday was bliss :)


Hello all.

Yesterday was a very busy but blissful day. My friend from church asked to take the kids in the morning, since they haven't been over to play all Summer long. I was excited because that meant I could go visit my Kimmy in the hospital. For those of you that don't know, Kimmy is my best friend. We have been friends since junior high and have been through way to much together. She is another sister to me. So the kiddos got to go to the Primary water activity and then over to play with a lot of their church friends afterwards. They were happy to.

I was so excited to be able to go see my Kimmy and her new baby Jacob finally. She had him Thursday afternoon and I was going nuts wanting to go visit them. This is her first baby and I am so very excited for her and Matt. Anyway, I was amazed to see her walking around like nothing yesterday when she had a full labor and then a c section. I was not doing that well after my first c section. Like always though she amazes me. She is so strong. She looked so beautiful. She was glowing in every way and already she is a wonderful mommy. I got to go up with her and hold little Jacob in the Nicu for a good 20 minutes. Kim had to step out for a bit so I was alone holding him. Yes, I was bawling, holding this perfect and so adorable precious baby boy that is a miracle. It was such an awesome experience to be able to share in my Kimmy and Matt's joy. My Kimmy is a mommy!

Well then it was time to get the kiddos and head over to my Mom's for her birthday party. She is so hilarious. She had a pirate birthday complete with a treasure hunt for the kids. The kids think Grandma is the coolest and she is. She dressed up like a pirate complete with a blacked out tooth and a pirate hat. Melissa made the most adorable treasure chest cake and mom had pirate decorations. I sure hope Melissa posts picutures. My camera is not working and I am very annoyed about it. No pictures of Kimmy and no pictures of my mom's birthday. Anway the kids were excited to find the treasure and to get McDonald gift certificates and candy from the treasure chest. It was a great day full of food, swimming, treasure hunting and being together as a family. I watch my kids and my nieces and nephews with my Mom and it reminds me of the times with my special Grandma's.

My lawn got mowed yesterday by one of the young men from church too. I am so grateful for everything that my ward does for me. They are awesome.

Anyway, the day ended with me watching Melissa's monkey's while she went to a scrapbook thing. It was an awesome day but even today I am still worn out from it. LOL and my house is thrashed because I didn't do any cleaning yesterday and my kids have been here more with their Dad being gone. Davyd is back now so this will be more of a normal week but still an exhausting one. Lots going on.

Anyway, I need to go get myself and my monkey's ready for church. Happy Sabbath everyone. Love all of you.

6 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Dear Cousin! I am so glad that your life is filled with a lot of wonderful things in spite of it all! Family, great friends, loving ties to all. That is more precious than gold! I wish I lived by all my family like you do. I'm so lonely for all of them. Be sure to give your Mom a big hug from me, and wish her a happy birthday. Love you a whole bunch!

Lianna Black said...

Oh Melmac, what a wonderful life! I am glad you could share in the joy of your best friends sweet little new baby. Every baby is a miracle and I am so happy for them. I saw the treasure cake on Melis's site and I can't believe she did that!! She is like a cake making genius!! So super cute, I bet you all had a ball at that party! Your Mom is a wonderful lady and I miss her. All these experiences sure do recall our own childhoods when we got together at Nannys house and played, its the stuff you never forget as long as you live. I am so happy for you and you are such a wonderful mom. I miss you too and all the fun and laughter we shared. Hopefull we will all get to see each other one day soon! Love you so much!

The Jones Family said...

I was here again looking through your site. I sure love you little darlin'. Hope you had a good weekend.

Melissa said...

Time to post again!!!!!!

Lianna Black said...

Mel I put a comment on here earlier today but it didnt post?? not sure what happened but I just wanted to tell you that I am 6 weeks pregnant! Please don't mention it on my blog cuz I don't want some of my readers to know, but I sure want you to know! Love you and miss you so much!!!

Melanie said...

Oh Lammy.........I am so excited to hear that! I love you that is so awesome. :)