Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July






I was so excited to have my babies for the 4th of July this year. Davyd had them last year and it was miserable. They missed out on all of the fun with their cousins last year. Melissa made sure that she went all out to make it special. She made goodie bags for all of the children and bought tons of light wands and glowing bracelets and necklaces for them . I had to work during the day because I process the Canadian stuff. After work I went to pick the monkey's up and we headed to Mom and Papa's for our family BBQ. We all had so much fun swimming and enjoying each other. It was a very hot day but wonderful. The cousins all had fun running amok and playing together and of course eating. Afterwards we went to go watch fireworks. I have to admit I am not used to be around so many children anymore now that I work outside of the home. They all have so much energy. I was a little stressed that someone was going to get hurt. No one did though and we had a fantastic time. The kids were completely worn out after it was all over. It was a wonderful day and I am so grateful that my family made it so special for my kids.

4 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Melanie!!! I'm so stoked that you finally started a blog! This is a dream come true because now I can see pictures of you and your sweet kiddos! It's like old times when we wrote letters to eachother across the miles. Love ya!

The Jones Family said...

I forgot to say...your kids are gorgeous, and so are you! I'm so glad you had fun on the 4th. HUGS!

Lianna Black said...

I love you Melmac!!!!! I am sooo happy you have a blog I can hardly stand it! I am going to link you right away!! You and your children are absolutely gorgeous and I am so happy to see all your sweet pics...I love you!! and I love blogging because it helps us so much to keep in touch! Take care!:) I love you and Melis just like my other sisters with all my heart. Lots of hugs and loves to you my dearest Mel!

Lianna Black said...

I am so glad you had a great fourth too!