Sunday, August 31, 2008

Going a little battty :)

It has been a little while since I have posted and lots has been going on. Davyd was out of town for awhile on military. With him being gone and then Amy Jo moving back to Texas the parenting schedule has been seriously disrupted. I find myself feeling a little batty and exhausted. No surprise that I ended up getting sick. It is a three day weekend and I am sick. Oh well at least I have an extra day to recover before going back to work.

Dating has been hard lately with me having the kids almost all of the time. I am so glad that John is such an understanding guy. A week an a half ago, on a Wed, I invited John to dinner at my house. I had the kids that night because Davyd was gone. I was a little concerned about how my kiddos would react to meeting John. They really like him. They tested me a little bit. Katelyn was the one that did most of the testing that night. John brought over stuff for banana splits. He is so awesome. All in all everything went very well.

Saturday of last week John had me and the kiddos over for a BBQ at his house. This was the first time that all six of our kids met each other. Also the first time that I met his younger two kids. I had previously met his oldest, Spencer. I really like his kids. They are so cute and sweet. His kids behaved like angels. My kids did some testing. This time it was my usually sweet behaved child, Megan, that did most of the testing. I think things went very well. My kids love his kids. They keep asking when they can see them again. Things were not crazy like I thought they would be with an 11 yr old, 9 yr old, 7 yr old, two almost 6 yr olds, and a 3 year old. Megan has really taken to John. She kissed him good bye even. She keeps asking to see him again. I wish I got to see him more lately as well. LOL. I did get a whole 3 hrs alone with him on Wed before I had to go get my kiddos. Oh well it is hard schedule wise. He is in California this weekend visiting with his childhood buddies. I am glad that he got to go. I sure miss him though.

This week at work was hectic. I spent half of the week cross training our Canada Service Rep Doc. I don't mind training but it does get rather crowded in a cubicle with two people and work flow gets backed up. Well I made the best of it as usual and laughed almost all the way through.

My kiddos are having some issues and are acting out since Amy's departure. I am trying to be loving and understanding and remain firm at the same time. It has been rather exhausting to say the least. Katelyn has been very angry and hateful. She keeps hitting Logan and Megan and yelling at me. Megan has been very clinging and whinny. She wants to be held all the time and won't leave my side. Logan is just hyper again. He had really overcome that and was calming down now he is bouncing off the walls again. We will get through this though. It is sad for them. Although, not as hard as the divorce for them it has been hard for them to experience the loss of another broken home. So sad for my babies.

Anyway, there was a lot going on during the week that I won't go into as well but I was determined to make it the best week ever. I know it definitely made things easier to handle with my positive attitude. :)

This upcoming week will be good. No work Monday. I have training on the last half of Thursday at work and I took Friday off for Katie's birthday. Katie's party is Saturday. I am so excited. I can't wait. Melissa is making one of her awesome cakes :) Love my SASTER!!!!! Oh and Davyd said he won't be working so he will have the kiddos on his usual nights Wed and Thurs so I will get to have time with John on Wed.

Anyway, I am learning more and more that our attitude and how we chose to deal with things can make a huge difference in our lives. Yes, things will still be hard but our attitude really helps. :) Once again, I am so grateful for all of the lessons I have and continue to learn. I am also grateful to be able to feel love and trust for someone in my life again. I didn't think I would be able to trust a man ever again. Yet, I trust John more than I ever have trusted any man. I didn't trust any of the men that I have dated and I never fully trusted Davyd either. Not even when we first got married. It is so wonderful to experience feeling trust in someone.

This week is going to be great :) Love to all of you!

7 comments:

The Jones Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Jones Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Jones Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Jones Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

I appreciate your concern. Really, and I love you. I have dated a lot in the last year. One guy I dated seriously for 3 1/2 months. He turned out to be a big jerk and I ignored red flags I saw from the start. This time I have dated enough to know not to ignore red flags. Truly he is the most genuine guy I have met. If he says he will do something he does. I haven't found that in a single guy I have dated yet and very sweet to me. We are very much a like and have a lot of the same life experiences. It is almost scary. Anyway, lol. Ok so just to give you an idea I have been out with 6 different guys this year and have talked to many more. 2 I never gave a second chance. 3 I dated for at least two months each. This is very different. I promise. :) Love ya lots!!!!!

GMW said...

I'm not worried at all. Any guy who has made you this consistantly happy with very few ups and downs sounds wonderful. It's normal for guys to pretend to be nice in the begininng, but it's hard to keep this up for months on end. I think he sounds awesome, respectful, and reliable. score!

Grandpa Fuller said...

I'm glsd you have a new man in your life. Hope he is a good Elder in Isreal. Love ya, Uncle Dad. P.S. visit my blog at llfuller.blogspot.com