Monday, August 11, 2008

To much going on

Yes, I so should be sleeping right now but once again I am wide awake. I get up at 4:45 in the morning and it will come way to soon.

The kiddos started school again today. It was a relief. It will be nice to have them on a schedule again and to not have them be so bored. My camera didn't work so I don't have any pictures this year :( I wasn't able to take the day off because April is still out on vacation. My boss did however let me come in at 9:30 instead today. Little Miss Katie is in all day kindergarten this year. She did the early learners pre kindergarten last year. She is going to be tall like her Grandma Jeanette and her aunties on Davyd's side. She towers over all of the little girls in her class. I am so relieved that she won't be short like me. Logan is in 2nd grade. I am excited that his teacher is a BYU graduate. He needs that extra influence :) They seem to be excited about their new school. I really think it will be a better school for them. I am sure it will be easier on Amy to only have to make a trip to one school as well. Megan had such a hard time with them all going to school. She wanted to stay with me and it broke my heart to take her to DAvyd and Amy Jo with her screaming for me. She was clinging on to me crying. I cried all the way to work because I knew I had to go in but it hurt to leave her. That is the hardest part about being a single mommy.

This past weekend was a long one with to much to do. Ricky was so very kind to do a brake job and oil change on my car. I don't know what I would have done without his help. I had Jack and Alex all day yesterday. Shalyn spent the night Saturday night. I love being surrounded by kids but am always exhausted afterwards I find LOL :) I didn't like missing church though. I don't have a car that holds 5 kids plus me though. Our home teachers were kind enough to come over and give Logan and Katelyn blessings for going back to school. My ward blesses me in so many ways. I am immensly blessed.

Yesterday was also a hard day. My dad called yesterday morning to let me know that my Grandpa Ralph had passed away. He is married to my Grandma Dee and so he is my Step Grandpa. Over the years though he has done nothing but treat us as real grand children. I will miss him very much. Such a sweet righteous loving man. I will miss his hugs and him telling me how proud he is of me and how much he loves seeing me. He was in a lot of pain though so I am glad that he is not suffering anymore. The funeral is in Arkansas and it is for Wed so there is not a way that me or my siblings here in AZ can make it.

My Papa is home. His diagnosis is congestive heart failure. That will never go away but it is manageable thank goodness. His blood sugar is not very well either. Today my mom was having problems with her blood pressure being really high and not feeling well so she was at the urgent care. They weren't able to find anythign that would cause any of it. She also has fibermyalgia. My real dad had a pacemaker and difublater put in last year. My parents are falling apart on me :(. I makes me so sad. They have all been such hard working people. None of them are the type of people that like to go to doctors either or be sick. They don't deserve to be suffering this much. It just hurts to watch them. They have all done so much for me. It has really made me think a lot lately.

Well I could go on and on there is so much more going on but I should really get to bed. I know that my family and I are so blessed. I thank the Lord daily for all that he blesses us with. I am so grateful to be a mother and even though I know my circumstances might not be the best I will be just fine with Heavenly Father's help.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You have a better Ward than most people I know!!! Be so thankful to all of them!!!! They go above and beyond.

Ricky is still talking about the brake job he did and saved you over $400. Little over dramatic don't you think???

Put your head down and plow through! It is the only way we survive. Plus the Temple helps alot!

Lianna Black said...

Glad to know your Dad is ok, I have been praying for him! I feel so sad about your Meggy :( poor little baby being left behind while the others are at school, breaks my heart into a million pieces!! You are right tho, with the Lords help, anything is possible..you go girl! Glad you have such an awesome ward! love you tons! :)