Friday, August 22, 2008

Grateful to my Savior

Hello all,

You are probably all going to think I have completely lost it after reading this but I wanted to share. Today was truly an amazing day. I am so grateful to my savior for helping me overcome my bitterness and the hurt that I carried for such a long time. I am truly grateful to have that burden lifted from me. I have become so much stronger being molded in the Master's hands. I am blessed to have had these experiences to help me grow.

Davyd's girlfriend is moving back to Texas. She will be leaving tomorrow. I don't know if she will stay there this time. I have an inkling she will. Today when I went to pick the kids up she was saying goodbye to each of them. She was having a hard time and trying not to break down. It has been hard on the kids as well. Anyway, I realized that I don't have hard feelings towards this woman anymore and actually have compassion for her. Here she is suffering for making bad choices like we all do. I could see her as a person and not as "the woman that helped ruin my marriage". I hugged her and felt compelled to tell her that I don't have hard feelings towards her for anything. She broke down right there. I know she needed to hear that. I am sure that the guilt has consumed her for quite awhile. I know probably more so after getting here and seeing me and what type of person I really am. I also know she has a much better understanding of what Davyd is really like after living with him for a year and half. I thought there was no way that I would ever be able to say that to her. Let alone hug her. I know that it was through the help of my Savior. I have been praying since the divorce to be able to overcome the bitterness and anger and sadness. It consumed me for a long time. I know my prayers have been answered.

I know it sounds crazy to most but I feel so very blessed to have had my prayers answered.

9 comments:

Lianna Black said...

Oh my dear little Melmac - (sorry you will always be little to me..hehe) I love you so much and I am so proud of you. It want to weep thinking of what terrible burdens and trials you have had but to realize the gift of love and forgiveness with the Saviors help is the best gift anyone can get. I am so happy for you and I really look up to you, you taught me a lot. Forgiving others is soooo hard sometimes and especially in this situation but you did the right thing and the Savior helped, that is just beautiful. I love you sweet girl and I wish all the best for you. I hope your prince charming is right around the corner!

The Jones Family said...

Melanie,
I am so happy to hear this. I know God loves us all. We all make mistakes, and it is beautiful to see someone like you with a loving heart, a forgiving attitude. You are stronger than I could ever dream of being. I made a huge mistake recently and I was reminded that I need the Savior to help me too. After my experience, I was thinking how many times I had judged others who had done the same thing, and I felt so guilty and decided not to judge people so harshly in the future. We are all just trying to make the best decisions we can. You are a great example to me, so Thanks...Love you a ton. :)

The Jones Family said...

By the way, does that mean that they are breaking up or what? (none of my business!!!)

Melanie said...

Julie I dont' think they are breaking up. I am not sure. I have learned to distance myself from their situation as much as possible. It really is sad considering what they both gave up and that they are not happy. A lesson for us all. I have a feeling they will still be together. Oh well, they actually did me a favor. That is how I look at it anyway. I was miserable with Davyd the last few years of our marriage. I am the happiest I have been in years.

Melissa said...

Mel!!! We all have more empathy for her now! I think I did the minute I heard she hawked her wedding ring for his van! Well look at Davyd he is miserable and ALONE! He hopefully gets it now... But 4 years and one divorce too late. Anyway, once you forgive them it is easier to let it go. Like I said on the phone this morning, I finally realized how much of the teasing and bullying I had let go of with you know who. My childhood bully! Just seeing them hurting is overwhelming but cleansing... You can wash away your hurt to help them so to speak.

Love you!!!! And another thing i know you have a prince charming bur slow it down! Make sure it is gonna last FOREVER! I just want you happy.... SMOOCHES

Melissa said...

PS I need to go to bed! Megan is going to be here in like 4 and half hours!!! I am going to need my sleep! Okay now I am rambling... Dang lack of sleep.

Lisa said...

Sweet Mel,
I am so glad for you. I don't have the right words to say what I feel, but I want you to know I love you and think the world of you. The character you displayed for forgiving her is a great example to me. You have such an empathetic heart, to understand things from others perspective. It really is a miracle when the Saviors Atonement saves us and reforms us and softens our hearts and takes away our pain. I love you Mel. I hope all is well with you. All my love and hugs.

Lisa said...

PS. I need your email address if you want to look at my blog. Loves.

Angela said...

Hi Melanie: I just have to say how touched I was by your forgiveness story. I know that the thing that is the most "joyous to the soul" is the love of God. Just like in Lehi's dream, that fruit was what everyone was striving for. Whether we feel His love for us or we feel His love for someone else, it brings joy to us. Thanks for sharing this little miracle. It strengthens everyone's faith to hear it. Love you sweetie!